To apply for a position, please fill out an application for Employment that is below and return to the hiring manager listed in the position details. Enclose a resume as well. Thank you!
MARKETING DEPARTMENT INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY
Marketing Internship Summary
Iowa Falls State Bank (Iowa Falls) is pleased to offer a paid internship opportunity to assist in marketing projects. This position offers a student the chance to learn the foundational understanding of a financial institution, contribute to a specific bank function, and also gain practical experience in several areas of community banking. The intern will be advised and guided by the Senior Management team. The Marketing Director will supervise and will provide continued leadership, evaluation and feedback during this learning process. One of the main goals of our internship program is to also provide the intern with an understanding of the bank’s overall operation, culture and community involvement. This position is an excellent opportunity for an individual wanting to learn hands on practical knowledge.
- Full Time generally 10-12 week (40 hours) Monday – Friday. The program commences in June and concludes in mid-August, though some internship are longer/shorter.
- Base Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 negotiable based on background
- Housing and travel expense stipend negotiable
- Incoming Junior or higher level college student with a major in Marketing, Design or Communication.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Superior written, oral communication and organizational skills
- Proven analytical ability and attention to detail
- Self-starter, able to initiate projects and work independently
- Complete a pre-employment background check
- High emphasis on expanding our digital footprint, including web / mobile ad placement, producing short demo videos, and develop a metrics to monitor impressions.
- Assist with marketing and PR projects, such as campaigns, promotions, and media coordination.
- Prepare various marketing reports, brochures, and press releases.
- Assist with planning and executing events including bank seminars, open houses, and community events.
The intern position at Iowa Falls State Bank is a full member of the team and their work will be a contribution to the growth and success of the bank. Beyond this invaluable real world experience, they are given every opportunity to learn about and experience other areas in the Bank through the Intern Program as well as unique discussions with senior management and industry leaders. More than a resume-booster, the Intern Program at Iowa Falls State Bank is a unique opportunity to actively experience banking while gaining an expansive knowledge of learning different avenues that are involved in community banking and public relations.
E-mail a cover letter, resume and reference list to Crystal Doering (firstname.lastname@example.org ) titled: Intern App: First Name Last Name
About Iowa Falls State Bank
Iowa Falls State Bank is a family owned community bank that takes pride in developing deep life-long relationships based on thoughtful, reliable and confidential service. The bank has 70 years of ownership continuity, strong and consistent financial performance, beautiful and historically renovated facilities, and a progressive culture. The management team is experienced, dynamic, and works collaboratively toward strategic bank goals. Employees of Iowa Falls State Bank are treated respectfully and as part of a family.
About Iowa Falls
Known as Iowa’s “Scenic City” for its charm, history, and natural beauty, Iowa Falls has maintained a reputation as a progressive city in both community development and business growth potential. Recent city improvements have made Iowa Falls a cultural center with strong retail and commercial businesses, while being an hour from several larger cities. Iowa Falls offers recent projects such as a new library, aquatic center, fire station, recreational trail system, football stadium and new municipal hospital as well as Ellsworth Community College facilities including an Equine/Ag Renewable Energy Center and Fitness Center. The city has a strong pro-business environment and thriving small business climate. A community of 5,000 residents, Iowa Falls enjoys quality amenities usually reserved for larger cities, but maintains its small town culture. As a strong and stable financial institution serving the residents and business of the city, Iowa Falls State Bank is a foundation of the Iowa Falls community.
Iowa Falls State Bank offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, dental, 401k, paid time off, profit sharing, and team bonus plan.
We look forward to hearing from you. Iowa Falls State Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.